You know that moment, you’re on the edge of your seat, waiting for the announcer to read the name they have in that envelope; the tension is palpitating! Finally, with baited breath, they read, “The Award Goes To…..Joeography!” The crowd goes crazy! People are crying tears of joy, best friends are doing chest bumps and high fives, and that anxious anticipation is gone. The winners walk up to the stage, knowing that their future is in their hands, and it is an incredible one, ripe for the taking. I guess I should be the one to tell you that Joeography was nominated for The Liebster Award! While the crazy tension and incredible rejoicing wasn’t the scene when we found out we were nominated, we did celebrate with a cold one and pizza. I mean, is there any better way to celebrate?
Joeography was nominated for the Liebster Award by Alexis from Alexis Nick Creates. Wait…The Liebster what? The Liebster Award 2016. The Liebster Award is an award among bloggers. It’s a way to get to know each other and to share some love around the digital world of blogging. I’ve seen some badges floating around on the internet but I never seriously thought somebody Joeography would ever be nominated. I just started this travel blog a little over a year ago and I didn’t think people would already pick it up. So thank you dear reader out there. Yes, I mean you. You are the ham to my sandwich. After being nominated herself, Alexis thought Joeography was worth nominating. I enjoyed reading her answers to the questions given to her but she also gave me some homework to do. The requirements are to list 11 facts about Joeography(Myself) and to nominate 11 different and unique bloggers. She also gave me 11 questions to answer.
- I love useless facts. I’m full of them and can bore you with them for days.
- One of my biggest weaknesses is fabulous food. Combine that with an epic travel destination and I’m all yours!
- At Museums, I’m allowed to touch the art.
- I love exploring unique and different places. one of my favorites is Knapp’s Castle near Santa Barbara.
- I’m a huge car guy. I love driving and road trips are one of my preferred ways to travel. There is just something about the open road.
- I love to cook. When traveling, I normally don’t collect the traditional souvenir, I collect recipes of the delicious food I’ve been lucky enough to try. (See Chanko Nabe: A Taste of Sumo Town)
- I grew up in Seattle, WA. Growing up in the Pacific Northwest gave me the appreciation and the love I have for the outdoors.
- I love the sea. it doesn’t matter if I’m on it, in it, or under it, the ocean is a wonderful and incredible place!
- Mosquitoes refuse to bite me, purely out of respect.
- I love meeting new people and experiencing new cultures. It’s amazing to see how people go about their lives, half way across the world.
- I’m a huge promoter of exploring your own back yard. A lot of us get wrapped up into that far away, exotic destination, but forget all the amazing places there are nearby. This year, Joeography is dedicating itself to exploring it’s own back yard. (See New Year, New Joeography)
- Where is your favorite place that you have traveled to? This is a hard question, as I have many favorite destinations. If I had to choose, I would have to say the South Pacific. I was lucky to live in Singapore for awhile and was able to explore many of the islands scattered about in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, etc. It was one of the best times of my life!
- What is your dream career? I would have to say what I’m doing now. From Joeography, to Yours Truly Media, to Fast lane Racing School, my life is content and full of adventure!
- Current favorite artist (musician, designer, painter..)My current favorite artist would have to be Vincent van Gogh. His short life, expressive and spontaneous use of vivid colours, broad oil brushstrokes and emotive subject matter, mean he is recognisable both in the modern public imagination by his first name, as the quintessential misunderstood genius.
- Do you keep your phone on ringer or vibrate? Vibrate. I can never hear it ring, but if I’m lucky, I can feel it move around in my pocket.
- Who is your biggest inspiration? My biggest inspiration are the people that lead different lives than my own. Regardless of where they are from or where they are going, its always amazing to see how they cope with the struggles of life. It makes me more appreciative of my situation and gives me inspiration to keep going.
- Why did you start your blog? I love to travel and to eat. Plus I enjoy sharing my experiences with others, and a blog seemed like a great way to document and share my favorite moments!
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? I would have to say pizza. This one took me awhile, because I love so many different foods. Pizza won out due to the fact that you can make almost any kind of pizza!
- What social media platform is your favorite? for personal use, I love using Facebook. For Joeography, Instagram win hands down! You can check it out here. Let me know what you think!
- What is your ultimate goal for your blog? The biggest goal for Joeography is to share all the adventures and amazing moments to all those that will take notice. and if it helps someone along the way, that would be even more incredible!
- Do you prefer coffee or tea? Both. It depends on the time of the day and the place. But I can never say no to a slow roasted cup of coffee, fresh out of a French press.
- Where is your favorite place to find blogging inspiration? My favorite place to find inspiration is the outdoors. The beach more specifically. It helps me free my mind of frustrations and problems, allowing me to focus on what needs to be done. Plus the views are pretty amazing!
- David from Excursions by David
- Tracy from Tracy Travels
- Justin from Around The World With Justin
- Jenn from Who Needs Maps
- Lauren from Sun, Sandals and Life
- Nikki from The Wrestling Mama
- Gemma and Craig from Two Scots Abroad
- Tara from Where is Tara
- Trisha from P.S. I’m On My Way
- Tiana and Shannon from Power Couple Life
- Deborah from Mom, Are We There Yet
11 Questions for you
- Where is your favorite place that you have traveled to?
- What is your favourite mode of transportation when traveling?
- What is your biggest fear when traveling?
- Do you prefer coffee or tea?
- Where is your favorite place to find blogging inspiration?
- Do you buy travel souvenirs and what do you do with them
- If you could only take one last trip, where would you go?
- Why did you start your blog?
- what is your favorite social media platform?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What or who inspires you to travel?
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the person that nominated you.
- Nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- Create 11 random questions for those you nominate to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So now what? Don’t worry. I’m not going to be come some snobbish blogger. I promise I’ll just be my already awesome self, nomination for the Liebster Award 2016 or not. Please let me know when you accept the nomination and where you’ve posted the answers. You can tag me on Twitter or Facebook. Have you read this post and do you feel disappointed I didn’t nominate you? Well, don’t worry! I’d still love to read the answers to the above questions! You can always drop an answer in the comment section below.